LEARN, GROW, THRIVE
Summer Learning Camp
This summer learning camp is designed to mitigate summer learning loss in a fun, creative way. The program employs certified teachers and a complement of enrichment leaders to work with students who are reading below grade level. Lessons focus on vocabulary, spelling, grammar, writing, self-selected reading and guided reading. Other enrichment activities include art, music, science, math, physical activity, character development, nutrition education, and more. Plus, campers will go swimming once a week and attend at least one field trip per week.
- Children who have completed 1st—5th grade
- Children who are currently on free and reduced lunch and score below grade level at their elementary school
- Lessons focused on vocabulary, spelling, grammar, reading, writing, and math
- Fun activities including swimming, arts & crafts, camp songs, outdoor games, and field trips
- Emphasis on character values, healthy eating and physical activity
**The Burbank Community YMCA has applied for the 21st Century Grant funding for our Learn, Grow, Thrive program. For more information, please contact Bryan Snodgrass, COO, at 818-845-8551.