The Burbank YMCA Preschool uses the DRDP Formative Assessment tool to allow teachers and
children to engage in positive interactions through continuous observations. Individual
portfolios document each child's learning story and progress in desired results according
to the developmental measures outlined by the California Department of Education. This
includes social, motor, learning and developmental results.
Applying the S.T.E.M. approach to our daily curriculum blends mathematical concepts and
science together to make learning interdisciplinary. This approach:
- Stimulates investigations
- Encourages predications and comparisons
- Explores sizes, shapes, patterns and quantities
- Encourages critical thinking and hypothesis formation
The Burbank YMCA Preschool offers two snacks and lunch daily. All meals align with our
Healthy Eating and Physical Activity (HEPA) standards, in accordance with the National
Afterschool Association guidelines.
- Water is the primary beverage
- Only whole grain and whole foods provided
- Meals cooked and prepared onsite
- Fresh fruits and vegetables delivered weekly local CA farmers
- All meals served family style
- Vegetarian options provided
- Screen time & digital device limitations
- Opportunity for physical activity appropriate for age
All programs require an annual $125 enrollment fee per child due upon registration.
Download CDC Info Sheet
The YMCA provides membership services for any person or family, who desires to participate
regardless of the ability to pay the standard program fee. Those that may be unable to pay
the full fee may be awarded assistance based on their demonstrated ability to pay and the
YMCA's ability to provide funding. Due to the demand for financial assistance, the YMCA
must follow the eligibility guidelines. The YMCA reserves the right to adjust assistance
as needed during any given calendar year. Notice will be provided in writing to our
members when adjustments will be made. All rules and policies including but not limited to
the Code of Conduct must be adhered to at all times while in the YMCA facilities or at
YMCA sponsored events. Any violations may result in disqualification of assistance.
Approval of Financial Assistance will not extend to programs outside of the CDC.
- Eligibility will be granted on the basis of financial need. Eligibility does not
guarantee a financial assistance award. Financial Assistance awards are made to
eligible participants based on the Y's available resources.
- Applicants will be required to pay a portion of the fees in addition to the
- Financial Assistance is awarded at the beginning of the school year (August) or prior
to Summer Camp registration dates as stated in camp brochure. (If a child leaves the
program, assistance will then be given to another qualifying applicant.)
- All past due balances must be paid to the satisfaction of the YMCA to be eligible for
new or continuing Financial Assistance.
How to Apply
- Applications are available through the CDC during normal business hours. All records
will be kept confidential.
- Applicants must fill out the Financial Assistance Application completely to be
considered for financial assistance. Applicants are required to provide verification
of household income. (The YMCA requires two current consecutive payroll stubs and the
most current federal tax returns).
- If any member of the household is currently unemployed for any reason, including
disability, documentation of unemployment is required.
- All sources of household income should be reported (this includes alimony, court
ordered and non-court ordered child support, disability, worker's compensation, and
any other government assistance). Documentation is required.
- The applicants will not be registered for programs until they satisfy their portion
of the specified program fees.
- The assistance will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis, subject to
- Financial Assistance application will not be reviewed until all required
documentation has been received by the YMCA.
- Eligibility of financial assistance will be determined by the Financial Aid criteria,
based on a thorough review of the application and all supporting documentation.
- Assistance will be granted to the extent that funds are available.
- The YMCA reserves the right to deny or end assistance to any applicant at any time.